Chameleon, from MalwareBytes is a utility that allows you to run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware even if you have a malicious program running on your machine which will stop it from running conventionally. In the article below, we show you how! Do download a printable copy of these instructions Click Here
First of all you need to boot your machine into Safe Mode with Networking – This can be done through the Advanced Boot Options menu, which you can access by tapping F8 during computer startup.
- Right click your browser shortcut, and select Run As or Run as Administrator. This will open your browser and we can then download Chameleon
- Download Malwarebytes Chameleon from the below link, and extract it to a folder in a convenient location. DOWNLOAD MALWAREBYTES CHAMELEON
- Open the extracted folder, and Double Click the svchost.exe file. This should launch an MS-DOS window. If this does not launch Malwarebytes, try another one of the files within the extracted folder until you receive the MS-DOS window (See below).
- When prompted, Press any key to continue, and Chameleon will then begin the download of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It will then update and prompt you when completed.
- Malwarebytes will then attempt to kill any malicious programs/processes that are running on your computer, and then launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as normal!